Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Unfortunately Hudson Ave will not look like this on Sunday. Here is the latest.
Waves: 4-6 feet E/ESE windswell with underlying E groundswell. Should be around chest
high+ and choppy with improving conditions as the day goes on.
Winds: Models are all over the place but as of Thursday night looks like onshore to start then
dying down and possibly swinging more offshore as the day progresses.
Weather: High around 60, Mostly Cloudy with a chance of showers. Water temp 54.
Tides: AM High Tide 7:16am 2.6ft
PM Low Tide 12:58pm -0.3ft
Monday, April 28, 2008
Just a few last minute tips for everyone coming.
- No picnicking is permitted on the beach, township regulation. You can bring one drink for personal consumption, but no food or large quantities of drinks. Please leave the coolers in the car.
- Parking - Street parking IS NOT PERMITTED on Hudson Ave, Passaic Ave, or Salem Ave. Please use the free public parking lot located just on the other side of Long Beach Blvd. If you park on the street you will be ticketed and towed.
- Harvey Cedars does have a public indecency law, and they do enforce it. There is a public bathhouse located at Sunset Park. If you park in the public parking lot, just walk west and you will find the park right in front of you.
- Nothing is for sale or is to be tagged/marked for sale on the beach. That means nothing. Please reserve any sales until after the event at a different location.
- No banners, posters, stickers, etc. Its not a trade show so please leave the salespeople at home. Let your surfboards do the talking.
- Make sure you take off the beach more than you brought in. If we leave the beach cleaner then we found it I am sure we will be welcome back next year. This is a good tip for any day you go to beach.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Ice9 Foamworks has confirmed that they are sending out several boards for demo shaped with their blanks. For everyone who doesn't already know, Ice9 makes blanks blown in both MDI and TDI and offers custom rocker and stringer options with quick turn around. They use a new highly automated factory that makes their product more consistent and at the same time provides a safer work environment for their employees. Cool stuff.
Check them out at www.ice-ninefoamworks.com
Speaking of Ice9, they have generously sponsored the event and will be supplying 10 blanks to be given away as prizes.
Ballots will be available for public participation during the event, come on people vote!
Some of the categories being kicked around are:
-Most non-functional ( or la cucaracha)
-Best color work
-Best in show
-and whatever else we might come up with
Ice9 has been generous enough to donate some blanks for awards so a big thanks to those guys. Anyone looking to shape a board for first time or 10,000th time needs to give their foam a try!!!
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Confirmed shapers attending or represented so far include:
DJ Kane from DK Surfboards
Shawn Ambrose from Ambrose Surfboards
Brian Wynn from Wynn Surfboards
Tom Eadon from Cosmic Bull Surfboards
Josh Hall Surfboards
More are still joining in so check back for updates.
Sunday, January 20, 2008
The organizers of Anything But 3 Cardiff Reef and myself have aligned to bring you Anything But 3 East, formerly known as NJ Fish Fry. It promises to bring the best of both coasts to NJ on May 4th, 2008 for your enjoyment.
The AB3 is a gathering of alternative board riders and craftsman. Think of it as a hot rod show where you get to take the cars around the block for a spin.
We want to keep it low key and banner free, everyone is welcome, just leave your logo'd easyups at home.
Shape it, buy it ,borrow it ,bring it, show up and ride it.
Test ride something different from your favorite underground shaper, or bring your homebuilt to ride.